VF Corporation Europe are based in Stabio (Switzerland), Bornem (Belgium) and Nottingham (UK) and own a number of brands such as The North Face, Timberland, Vans, Reef, Dickies, Wrangler, Lee, Smartwool, JanSport, Kipling, Eastpak, Napapijri and 7 For All Mankind.
• Designed developed and implemented an EDI system to process inbound and outbound messages between the Windows server based “Porthus” communications tool and JBA System/21.
• Designed and project managed the development and implementation of a stock allocation and replenishment system for in excess of 300 owned and operated retail stores throughout Europe. Recruited a team of contract developers to carry out the development.
• Provided Business Analysis services as part of a team to integrate the recently purchased Timberland brand. In particular, we analysed the ‘As Is’ state of the EDI systems and interfaces with Franchise partners throughout Europe to develop a ‘To Be’ model. Development was then undertaken by a team of offshore developers which I managed.
• Worked as part of a team to consolidate numerous customer services teams throughout Europe into a single location in Nottingham. Our responsibility was the Analysis of existing ways of working in relation to EDI to define best practices to be used by the new team.
• Developed and supported numerous XML interfaces between JBA System/21 and the Oracle based X-Store POS system used in the retail stores. This included in-store ordering for direct delivery to the customers home.
• Developed and supported interfaces with a third-party retail store demand management supplier.
• Provided legacy system support to the SAP migration team and was Subject Matter Expert for the retail store, demand management and Ecom interfaces. We were primary point of contact for a subsidiary company, based in EMEA, USA and Mexico, during their migration to SAP for all JBA technical matters including managing a team who developed data extracts from JBA to load into SAP.