Concise Consulting provided AHED Ltd with a range of IT services including project management, implementation, hardware and software support and development over a 7-year period up to July 2008. This including defining and implementing IT strategy.
• Installed an Ethernet network, ADSL and a Windows 2000 server for file/printer sharing and running an email server. This replaced individual internet email accounts and dial up modems. The server and email application were subsequently upgraded by Concise Consulting to a Windows 2003 server running Microsoft Exchange.
• Upgraded the AS400 hardware to a model 720 then the to a model 520. I also upgraded OS400 from V3R7 through a number of intermediate versions to V5R3, managed the AS400 hardware and software, regularly applied PTF’s, defined and scheduled backups. Developed a job scheduler to manage the system.
• Designed and developed a number of add-on reporting and data extraction modules for the Chorus/Jobs ERP system.
• Designed and developed an EDI system based on Inovis TrustedLink with interfaces to/from the Chorus/Jobs ERP system. This included communications links with GXS, Freeway Commerce and WeSupply.
• Following the takeover of Ahed by BSS Group, we managed the transition of EDI messages to the group Unix based EDI system, managed the removal and disposal of all redundant IT equipment after replacement by new group standard equipment.